The practice aims to deliver the best possible care to all of its patients in a safe and appropriate environment using appropriate staff and techniques. In order to provide this high standard of care the patient should consider his/her rights and responsibilities when engaging with the practice.
We believe the patients should always have the following rights:
- The right to be treated in a courteous and efficient manner by the appropriately trained staff.
- To be offered equal treatment comparable to others and therefore not to be discriminated by race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or medical condition.
- To be treated in an environment that is safe and meets national guidelines.
- To have all information protected by the Data Protection Act and national guidelines on Patient Confidentiality.
- Be able to access Medical Records in line with national guidelines.
- Be free to comment on the services provided by St Clements Surgery.
To help provide the best care possible for our local community, we expect that patients are able to:
- To treat the staff of St Clements Surgery in a courteous manner offering all information perceived to aid in your treatment.
- To be courteous to all other patients at St Clements Surgery
- To maintain all appointments or provide at least 24 hours notice of cancellation in order to offer another patient the valuable consultation time
- To maintain the Doctor – Patient relationship
- To take action on advice given by clinicians and administrative staff.