Leave repeat slips in the box on the wall in reception or Order your prescriptions with our Prescription Ordering Department on 0121 468 0631.
- Do not run out of medication before requesting a repeat prescription and allow 2 working days for processing
- Do not telephone for repeat prescriptions
- All patients on repeat prescriptions must be seen at least every 3 months by their doctor
- Do not stop any medication without your doctor’s advice
- Please do not stockpile or waste medicines
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £8.80
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.